Pages

6.3.11

not all memories are down the drain, some flutter in the wind.

i've been doing a few shoots for my photography project today. one of them was related to memories.
before though, i spent a while with my nan, sitting on the floor, with a box of old photographs on my lap, flipping through them. they were mostly black and white, from when my nan was a girl. they were beautiful with white borders and smiles peering back at you.
there was one image i singled out. she stood smiling at the camera in her flower-print dress. it was weird to think that this used to be her. little did she know then, that her granddaughter would be looking at this image 60 years later. little did she know that she would soon be meeting my grandad and end up happily married with him, that 10 years later she would have children. right then though, in that moment, she was probably just thinking, will this be a good picture? will it look like i'm smiling?

and that truly fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go ahead, make my day a little brighter. i will treasure every word.