Pages

2.5.11

call it a cliché(ic) analogy.

when i was little, our family would go to legoland every couple of years for a mini weekend break. we tended to stay in a hotel in windsor and drive to the park for the day. but that day was always great. we drove the mini lego cars and received our 'driver's licenses' at the end. i always felt so proud. 
but the thing i remember most about the day was the log flume. you may have been on it. i was, and still am, a chicken on rides. and that ride was the one i particularly hated. i always remember climbing slowly upwards with that same dread and anxiety, then reaching the top, breathing in deeply, shutting my eyes, and letting the log carry us down to the water on the other side. the impact always made me open my eyes, and instant laughter bubbled up.  and it was always the greatest feeling or relief and happiness washing over me and i realised that the climb had been completely worth it.

and let's just say, i can see why people refer to life as a rollercoaster. at the minute i'm slowly climbing upwards. and even though my stomach is twisting with nerves and stress and worry, i know that at some point i will start my descent on the rest of my life.


and i couldn't be more petrified. but i also can't be more exhilirated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go ahead, make my day a little brighter. i will treasure every word.